Virginia law enforcement agencies are the host agencies for Virginia Rules Camps. The Office of the Attorney General can provide funding and guidance, and can help law enforcement agencies make connections with volunteer groups in their area to help with planning. But the responsibility for hosting the camp remains with the law enforcement agency.
Instructions for law enforcement agencies applying for camp funding
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, April 6, 2018. Mail, hand-deliver, e-mail, or fax grant applications to:
Office of the Attorney General
Virginia Rules Camp Grant Program
Attn: Shannon Freeman
202 North 9th Street
Richmond, VA 23219
fax: (804) 225-3064
Potential law enforcement grantees are encouraged (but not required) to participate in a conference call about the Virginia Rules Camp program for more information about camp best practices and grant proposal tips.The call will be held on Friday, March 16, 2018 from 10 – 11 am. RSVP to Shannon Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org for call information.
Application & Guidelines
- Law Enforcement Grant Application for Virginia Rules Summer Camp (DOCX)
- 2018 Camp Guidelines for Law Enforcement Grant Applicants (PDF)
How to Host a Virginia Rules Camp
- Daily Schedule (PDF)
- Preparation Checklist (PDF)
- Sample Camper Registration Form (PDF)
- Sample Volunteer Announcement and Application Form (PDF)
- Sample Waiver and Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement during Virginia Rules Camp Form (PDF)
Or, download the complete How to Host a Virginia Rules Camp booklet.
Questions about hosting a camp?
If you have any questions, contact Virginia Rules coordinator Shannon Freeman, (804) 692-0484, SFreeman@oag.state.va.us.